Monday, July 13, 2009

Introduction

Welcome to the Musical Musings of a Music Addict! I'm hoping to add something to this blog at least once a day, and it's going to include whatever I feel like writing - live reviews, album reviews, articles about bands, links to whatever I deem worthy, random thoughts about music that I have... pretty much anything. So let's get to the important stuff: What types of music will I be writing about? Well, I'm a pretty diverse listener... so I think the best way to kick this off would be with a list of 20 of my favorite bands froma variety of genres. That should give everyone a bit of an idea of what to expect. Here goes (while it's numbered, they're in no particular order):

1. Jimi Hendrix Experience
2. Animal Collective
3. Melpo Mene
4. The Unicorns
5. Pavement
6. Dinosaur, Jr.
7. Leftover Crack
8. Operation Ivy
9. John Coltrane
10. Neutral Milk Hotel
11. Stereolab
12. Jesus & Mary Chain
13. Boo Radleys
14. Cocteau Twins
15. MF Doom
16. Immortal Technique
17. Creedence Clearwater Revival
18. Carbon Leaf
19. Arctic Monkeys
20. Frou Frou
21. Four Tet
22. Dirty Elegance
23.My Bloody Valentine
24. Jeffrey Lewis
25. The Decemberists

So yeah, that list covers just a bit of the music I like... I guess my favorites are jazz influenced/underground hip hop, indie rock, indie pop, no wave, post punk, noise rock, and electronica. And that concludes this introduction, I hope you enjoy your time here!

No comments:

Post a Comment